Monday, February 13, 2006

[subversive underground] FOOD

[the following was sent to the faithful subscribers of the subversive underground newsletter on Febuary 6th, 2006]

FOOD

Hey you subversives,

Just wanted to give you some food for thought.

1) My blog is updated today with an article on POVERTY AND RELATIONSHIPS.
Check it out:
www.keithgiles.com

2) INVISIBLE CHILDREN: An amazing article on Vanity Fair that explores the
genocide in Africa and how it's affecting children, all in the name of
Jesus. You must read this.

EXCERPT:
Childhood's End
For 19 years, Joseph Kony has been enslaving, torturing, raping, and
murdering Ugandan children, many of whom have become soldiers for his
"Lord's Resistance Army," going on to torture, rape, and kill other
children. The author exposes the vicious insanity˜and cynical
politics˜behind one of Africa's greatest nightmares
By CHRISTOPHER HITCHENS

FULL ARTICLE HERE:
http://www.vanityfair.com/commentary/content/articles/060109roco03


3) BONO'S SERMON: This is an amazing...and I can't stress this
enough..."AMAZING" sermon by U2's frontman, Bono as he delivered the keynote
address for the National Prayer Breakfast in front of President Bush,
Members of Congress and the Senate, and national religious leaders last
week.
Your mouth will fall open. You will cry. You will cheer. You must read this.

FULL TRANSCRIPT OF BONO'S ADDRESS HERE:
http://www.data.org/archives/000774.php

UPDATE: I'm working tonight and later this week on my book project. Chapter
one is a look at Paul the Apostle and his revelation that God's Grace is
sufficient, even in our suffering, and that there is true power in weakness.

I'll show it to you (and only you guys) when I'm done.
Later this week.
(This keeps me accountable, btw. If I know you guys are expecting this, I'll
actually sit down and write it. Thanks for being my "carrot" as I attempt to
complete this book project).

More later this week on "Bringing Jesus To The Poor", "Fasting And Sharing",
and a brand new podcast sermon link on "Worship and Justice".

Until then...

kg

[END TRANSMISSION]

No comments: